Monday, April 27, 2009

Unrequited Love

I have kept this a secret the entire voyage.

I fell in love with the cutest guy on board. He has curly, strawberry-blond hair and big brown eyes. He is not very tall, but he is firmly built.

I first saw him taking a walk on the Promenade Deck. We looked at one another; our eyes locked for a few seconds. It was love at first sight on my part.

I didn’t see him for a few days. Then just before we arrived in Portugal, I saw him again. This time he was on the aft deck, next to the Ocean View pool, waiting for a treat to be served. He glanced at me with recognition, but quickly looked away. I learned that his name is Oz.

The last time I saw Oz was while we were in port in Monaco. He was stretched out on a deck chair, taking a nap. I wanted to crawl into the blanket with him.

The Problem: He has a companion. And he was obviously very devoted to her. He was so attentive to her every need. I learned that her name is Colleen. I never saw him again. I surmise that he disembarked in Rome.

I did catch some photos of him. Here they are:


Our first encounter



Walking on deck with Colleen


Waiting for a treat


Asleep on deck chair
Oz is a companion dog. Colleen is deaf, so he is a “hearing” dog. He was the most well behaved, loveable, and faithful dog I have ever met. I still think of him, but I remain faithful to my love, Loofy.

3 comments:

  1. Yes! Odie's predecessor was an apricot poodle. Looked a lot like Oz. Your lust is forgiven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you must have missed Loofy. Oz is really cute. Colleen is lucky to be able to have him.You have had all beautiful experiences in this cruise. Good for You!!!

    ReplyDelete