Thursday, October 17, 2013

Last Day of Cruise At Sea

Our last day of the cruise has been uneventful and, thus, relaxing. After breakfast, I went to the Explorations Cafe, the library/internet center, to finish reading Anne of Green Gables.  I bought the book while at Prince Edward Island.  For some reason, I had never read it until now.  I thoroughly enjoyed it, especially having visited there just a few days ago.  The scenes were so fresh in my mind as I matched them with Lucy Maud Montgomery's vivid descriptions.


The whole cruise has had this relaxed feeling about it.  I have met more people this time than I have on past cruises, partly because I made friends with a couple who sort of "took me in" and invited me to sit with them at dinner and at each evenings' entertainment.
Ellen and Gary are from San Antonio, Texas.  Gary is a retired Air Force Major General who has had a stellar career all over the world.  One of the many things he did was be in charge of  the Air Force  Commissaries World Wide.  Ellen has also a long list of accomplishments as well which includes being active in politics.  She has served as on the city council and as Mayor Pro-Tem of Hollywood Park, Texas.


I have enjoyed our many conversations and will miss their company.


We arrive in Fort Lauderdale early tomorrow morning while watching the full moon set.  We will have sailed a total of 3049 nautical miles. 
 
Once off the ship, I will pick up my rental car and drive back to Orlando thinking about the many wonderful things I have experienced these past two weeks.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it's over already! (I'll bet you can't either!?) But it sounds like another great trip...get home safely!

    ReplyDelete